Laker Gateway CIC has been created to support the social goals of Laker and the communities we are proud to serve in a direct response to the skills gap and youth unemployment that is evident across the Midlands. We want to create a real work place environment enabling young people to gain the necessary skills they need to go on to have a succesful career in Construction and Maintenance and to gain sustained employment.
Training for Tomorrow's Trades
Laker Gateway supports 16-24 year olds who are not engaged in employment or training (NEET) gain work experience, work tasters and access to NVQs and Apprenticeships in traditional Trade areas.In addition we want to attract young women into the construction industry, and know from first hand experience that the long term sustained employment outcomes for female tradespeople is high. We have a network of local organisations in place that can provide additional specialist features such as Employment Training, CV Development and general Work Place Skills.
Created from a desire to bridge the skills gap both in the regions we operate and for the young people we meet in our communities, Laker Gateway will;
- Provide locally based training opportunities for 16-24 year olds (not engaged in employment, education or training)
- Target a number of places in each cohort to young women.
- Engage young people interested in learning a trade.
- Provide local employment opportunities and support to gain sustained employment following our intervention.
- Provide wider supply chain opportunities to local businesses and organisations.
- Provide additional commmunity benefits as work undertaken may include; handy persons services within the community, community 'clean up' and graffitti removal and the regeneration of green spaces/derelict communal areas.
Laker Gateway is able to provide multiple project's and services that are supported by the quality systems and standards of Laker BMS Ltd. Our projects main aims are to provide a quality, value for money service and opportunity for young people to gain a skill, trade or work experience. We can typically provide;
- General Repairs
- Aids and Adaptations
- Construction Projects
- Renewal of Green Spaces
We are keen to connect and work with other local Businesses and Social Enterprises - if you want to know more about Laker Gateway please contact;